November 19, 2011

Travis Hymas


"Do I always play someone who is poor?" Travis (Oliver, urchin) asked me at rehearsal one day.  Travis came to us straight from playing Charlie in Willy Wonka, and so his track record seems to indicate that he's pretty good at that type of role.

Travis has been such an asset to our cast because he has such a great blend of qualities.  He has the responsibility and work ethic of an older cast member with a fun-loving attitude and willingness to try anything that shows he really still is a kid.  He's willing to let various cast members rough him up in many of the Oliver scenes as he his thrown, swung, pushed, lifted, and carried at varying points.  And of course I should mention his pure voice and adorable smile.

Someday I'll have to ask him which was worse: being thrown around the stage or being kissed on the cheek.  Today, though, I'll just be grateful to have Travis around for our shows.

4 comments:

  1. He did a really great job playing Oliver and my daughter Jen says he is so fun to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he did awesome in willy wonka

    ReplyDelete
  3. he i a good actor

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is agood actor

    ReplyDelete