- SHOWS: We will continue to perform a 50-minute revue of Oliver! and a 50-minute revue of Scrooge. However, if you've done Dickens before and think you've seen it all, expect new choreography and a few surprises this season. (Most actors will be cast in both productions.)
- ORPHAN CHOIR: The orphan choir will continue its tradition of providing advanced singing opportunities for the youngest members of the cast. Orphan choir members are only required to rehearse on Saturday mornings making it a great first experience in theater.
- PERFORMANCE VENUE: Our performance venue for this year will be the South Town Expo Center located in Sandy, Utah. The Dickens Christmas Festival expects this to be a positive move for the vendors and the productions. (More information: http://dickenschristmasfestival.com/salt-lake-city/)
- REHEARSAL VENUE: Our rehearsal venue for this year IS TBA but should be in the Salt Lake Valley.
- PERFORMANCE RUN: There are positives and negatives to the length of any run. A shorter run at Christmastime means less time away from your families when you commit to the festival. This year's run will include evening performances on December 11, 12, 13, and 14 with an additional matinee on the 14th.
- REHEARSAL COMMITMENT: We have pushed back the rehearsal dates, opting to begin rehearsals on October 12th. This change will hopefully accommodate local talent previously committed to an October-run production. In order to keep our traditional Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday rehearsal schedule, we have extended weeknight rehearsal times to 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm and plan to continue to hold 4-hour Saturday rehearsals from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- STREET THEATER: We will be returning to the original Dickens Festival format with show actors doubling as Street performers. We have a new Street Theater coordinator who will teach street performance skills and organize the performances in an efficient (and non-exhausting) manner.
- PRODUCTION STAFF: Both Jackie and Andrea are back for another year, and we are excited to have prior cast member Arlee Heslop added to the staff as both Assistant Director and Costumer.
If this type of commitment is something you are interested in, then MARK YOUR CALENDAR now:
10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
SOUTH JORDAN PUBLIC LIBRARY
10673 South Redwood Road
10673 South Redwood Road
Schedule your audition: email Arlee to request an audition time
- 60 seconds of a song in the style of the show (traditional Christmas carols work well for young performers). Sheet music is required; an accompanist will be provided.
- 30 second monologue or poem recited with a British or Cockney accent (optional, but required if auditioning for a speaking role)
- You may be asked to do a short dance audition; please dress accordingly.
All roles are open; however, priority consideration may be given to returning cast members. Returning cast members are required to re-audition on the regularly scheduled date.