November 11, 2010

In Preparation for Saturday

This Saturday will be the last choreography rehearsal where the focus will be primarily on the dancing, and where I can stop and start and be picky to my heart's content.  It will be an important and difficult rehearsal, and I will need every cast member at his or her personal best.

The only way to get to this level is to also have the "audience" at its best as well.  In an ideal world, we'd have a segmented rehearsal space where some members of the cast could go to chat and enjoy each other's company when not on stage.  We don't have that luxury, so I will need to ask that cast members be prepared to do one of the following options when not on stage:

1) Sit in the audience section.  I will designate an audience section near the "stage" where cast members can sit and silently watch the action.

2) Sit in the silent activity area.  The corner behind the pillar will be designated as an area for cast members who have brought personal, silent activities (books, coloring books, game systems with headphones, etc.).

3) Hang out in the kitchen.  I have noticed that when talking quietly in the kitchen, there is enough of a sound barrier that I don't seem to hear it.  A few cast members can take advantage of this area, although it is small.

4) Play outside in the grassy area.  If your child has to stay beyond his or her rehearsal time, you may want to bring a warm coat and send them outside to play.  Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee supervision for those cast members, so this is probably only an option for those children who are old enough to supervise themselves.

Please prepare your children/teenagers/selves that no one will be allowed to be walking, running, or wandering aimlessly around in the building.  Cast members who are doing so will be asked to wait outside.

Please read the schedule carefully and attend all required times and don't attend when you don't need to!  (Not really possible for the families, I know - sorry.)  Plan ahead for the times you won't be on stage.

I am looking forward to a productive rehearsal on Saturday where I only have to be "mean" about the dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment